Updated August 31, 2020
Hello! We have missed you…and are excited to welcome you back. The health and safety of our team members – and you – is our top priority, so there will be some changes to our processes and procedures. We know this has been a challenging time for everyone…and we are reopening with the confidence that our supporters will abide by our new safety measures.
The only thing we are certain about…is the the uncertainty. This is a new challenge for all of us, and we’ve done our best to determine the best way to keep everyone safe while we get back to the business of giving homeless pets a second chance at life.
Be Kind. Be Positive. Be Safe.
If I can take just a moment to ask you to take into condiseration before you shop with us. We ask that you…
- be kind to our team. Show them support and patience as we figure out the new normal.
- follow our new safety measures and understand they are in place to keep everyone safer.
- be aware that we have many shoppers who love our store…and may have to wait outside to come in. If you are finished shopping, check out…and come back more frequently. We will be adding new items as often as we can.
- be understanding that any child 4 years and older is counted as a person in our maximum capacity count. If it’s possible to leave your children with a friend or family member, we know many of our shoppers would appreciate the kindness of being able to shop quicker.
- understand some of the changes to our store policies are for your safety and you may need to adjust how you shop. Flexibility and a positive attitude will go a long way.
- understand that we are all here to help animal rescues save lives and to help spay/neuter programs stop the pet overpopulation cycle. This is why we are all here.
Donations Accepted on Saturdays Only
- When donations are accepted, they will need to be donated behind our store. We will not have a donation bin in the store.
- Please follow our new Safety Processes and Procedures for donations by visiting our How to Donate page.
Changes to Store Operations
Hours and Days for the week of June 7 and beyond will be determined after we see how the first week open goes, but we are planning for them to be the same until further notice.
- Temporary Store Opening Hours: Wednesday – Saturday | 12-5pm
- The Main Store will initially be open shorter hours and fewer days so we have time to safely process donatons and complete enhanced cleaning protocols.
- The Furniture, Decor and More store will reopen at a later date (TBD). Many items have been moved over to the Main Store, including lamps, artwork and collectibles. We are using this store for storage and additional processing stations as social distancing would be a bit of a challenge in this store.
- Fitting rooms are closed. Please do not try on clothing – return policy is extended.
- Our bathroom will be closed to the public. Please plan ahead.
- No refunds or returns will be allowed EXCEPT for Clothing and Electronics. You will have 14 calendar days from purchase to return these 2 categories for a STORE CREDIT. No other items will be returnable at this time due to our new safety measures.
Our new safety measures and protocols will be implemented, including:
- Face masks will be REQUIRED for all customers and team members inside the store at all times. You will not be allowed to enter our store without a mask. Please be kind and wear one to help keep us all safe.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering the store.
- We will be limiting the number of customers to about 20 at a time, so please bring your patience if there is a line. This is to allow for proper social distancing throughout the store.
- Requiring 6’ physical distancing of team members and supporters inside the store and at donation intake
- Installation of a plexiglass guards at the registers
- Encouraging the use of Apple Pay and Samsung Pay instead of cash and credit/debit cards (all will be accepted, however).
- Frequent cleaning of common areas – register counters, shopping carts and baskets, door knobs, etc.
We are excited to unveil store improvements that we were able to complete while the store was closed. We are sure these changes will enhance your shopping experience as you shop to help homeless pets:
- A new update, more efficient register area with new display cases
- New platforms and grids to allow for more amazing window displays
- New speakers for you to sing along to your favorite tunes!
- Additional lighting added to the back corners of the store so it’s easir to see our great merchandise!