Join Our Mission
Easy Ways to Help
There are many ways to support our mission to give homeless pets a second chance at life. Read below for a quick summary of how you can make a difference…and then read more in each section for details.
Shop: Your purchases help us support animal rescue.
- At both Second life stores. Your purchases help fund our mission
- At other businesses. Shop with Amazon Smile, Kroger, and iGive, and we receive a donation check from them.
- On eBay. Bid on items for sale on our eBay charity site
Donate: Clothing, housewares and more are needed year-round
- Merchandise for our stores: Donate your gently-used items
- Money so we can help rescues. You can donate cash, check, credit card or PayPal
- Your time. Volunteer!
Volunteer: Can you spare a few hours? Help is always needed!
- In our stores. Help us keep our costs down by volunteering at our stores
- At festivals/events. Help us promote Second Life to the community
- Behind the scenes. Volunteer your skills (administrative, grant writing, etc.)
Promote: Spread the word about our store
- Online media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest
- Distribute our postcards to pet-friendly businesses
- Hand out postcards at garage sales to encourage people to donate.
- Tell your friends and families about us and encourage them to shop and donate.
Walk: Help us earn money simply by walking.
- Sign up for the ResQwalk app on your phone. Turn it on when you walk, hike bike…and even shop! A percentage is donated to us each month.
Adopt: Save a life. Adopt a pet today!
- Adopt our in-store foster cats
- Attend our regular adoption events and find your new best friend
- At the many shelters and rescue groups
Foster: Foster homes save lives. Become one today.
- Short-term: Some organizations like Friends of DeKalb Animals and Ahimsa House need short-term fosters for pets in transition
- Long-term: Most rescues need foster homes until the pet is adopted.
- Weekend: Some organizations, like Fulton County and PAWS Atlanta offer weekend fosters to give the dogs a break from shelter life.
Foster homes are needed for kittens (including bottle-fed), moms and their litters, seniors, special needs…and every healthy animal waiting for a home!
Every bit helps. Rescuing animals and saving lives is a team effort!