Grant Application For Rescues & Spay/Neuter Programs
We are NOT currently accepting new grant applications at this time. We are trying to recover financially from our temporary store closings in Spring 2020 due to Covid-19.
As Second Life continues to grow, it is our mission to provide assistance to even more animal rescue organization and programs dedicated to reducing pet overpopulation –through adoption, spay/neuter programs, education and more.
When we do start accepting new applications:
If you are a 501(c)(3) organization and would like to be considered for future grants, please keep checking back on this page for updates. Grant distributions are usually made on a quarterly basis. The following information will be necessary to complete the grant application, once it is again available.
- Organization information / mission /
- IRS 990 Forms
- Georgia Department of Agriculture license
- 501(c)(3) letter of designation
We are NOT currently accepting grant applications for rescue groups of companion animals (dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, etc.) and low cost spay/neuter programs, that help with TNR and family-owned pets.
Your organization must benefit animals in the Metro Atlanta area or Georgia. If you are on a state line, or out of state, you are eligible, as long as the grant funds can be directed solely to Georgia animals. We hope to expand our reach as we grow…but for now, our primary focus is animals in our own backyard.
To read more about the dogs and cats you’ve helped with your support, visit our Happy Tails page!
Adoption Events at Second Life
Rescue groups are welcome to hold adoption events at out stores. Saturday afternoon is the recommended time.
Adoptions are held outside in front of our Furniture, Decor & More store. We usually require at least a 3-4 week lead time so we can promote the event.
If you are interested, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
Rescues Needing Fosters Page
- Organization name: Your organization name
- Foster type: What types of animals you need foster homes for (Dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, rabbits, etc)
- Website: Your website address
- Your contact email address: How potential fosters should contact you
- Your general area for fosters (if certain parts of metro Atlanta, please list): To help potential fosters find rescues close to their homes
- Average length of foster period